Pages

27.4.05

Cubao

Watched A Very Long Engagement with Jo at Gateway. I pointed out to Anton the last time we watched a movie there that babes are once again populating Cubao’s dusty streets. You know, the kind you see in Glorietta, Rockwell, or Alabang Town Center. (What’s that Jo? Oh, what about my gender sensitivity lessons during my stint at the Philippine Collegian? Why, its still here. Somewhere... Okay, fine. I won’t address them as “babes.” “Hot chicks” not okay with you too? Hmm… will “girls” suffice? Okay. “girls” is fine. Yes, love you too dear. Oh, and thanks for pointing out the sexy “girls” sitting outside those girlie bars we passed by a little along Kamias while getting to Cubao:)

So what kind of girls were populating Cubao Before?

Masa beauties. (Hah, you thought I’d say Jologs right? Sub genre lang sila no.)

Shouldn’t they be territorial about the place?

Going home, we got a Fairview jeep that passed by Kalayaan Ave., we got off ‘round corner Mayaman and started walking. Paading by ________at., we were surprised to see two guys standing under under the shadows. Geez, Bakal boys! Why were they changing turfs? Was Housing around Quezon Circle already getting hot? So is standing beside the office of Migrante, a progressive group taking care of OFWs a good idea for their likes? Why not the other block where there’s a religious born again group?

It gave me ideas you know. Maybe when I ain’t doing anything ‘round midnight, I’d just step out and stand there waiting for extra money. I have to look for a dark spot though. So that they can see me.

Oh, and one thing about A Very Long Engagement is that it’s a very long movie.

And it won’t be right to compare it to Amelie, two different sides of a coin, that’s what the two are.


Jordan
020505 1:29pm

No comments: